Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

PTO


PTO or Parent Teacher Organization those are words that can be overwhelming and scary for a mom. What is PTO? What do they do? Are PTO moms mean? I myself had the preconceived notion that the PTO was full of those "mean moms" who were the "Pinterest Perfect" moms and judged every mom who wasn't like them. I aways thought I wouldn't be welcome because I had my first child when I was 20 so I am considered a younger mom. So for years I was absolutely terrified of the PTO. I always wanted to go, I desperately wanted to be involved in my kids school but I just couldn't work up the nerve to go. So finally when my oldest was in 3rd grade I decided to give it a shot. If its terrible then I never have to go again. I went to my first meeting and I absolutely loved it! Boy was I 100% wrong about what it would be like. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. The meeting wasn't to long, they didn't twist my arm into committing to anything and it felt great to know what was going on and be involved. So the moral of the story here, don't ever judge anything before trying it first. If you have been like I was and afraid of judgment, don't be! We are all moms just trying to do the best we can and everyone understands that. There is no better way to be involved in your kids school than volunteering in their class and also going to the PTO meetings! Also our PTO does a gift card giveaway at every meeting and last time I WON!!! YAY ME!!



To find your schools PTO you can go to the schools website or message your child teacher for all the PTO details.



No comments:

Post a Comment